Friday, April 2, 2021

HUGE CHANGES!

Hello Everyone,

For the last week, I had never thought that my final product would end up the way it did.
I had completely different ideas in mind as well as a different vision. In the end, however, it came out better than I would've ever imagined. 

I will show you guys the final product later this week but first, let's talk about the (last minute) changes that I made. 

PLOT-
    The plot I had initially thought of was simple. Soul's mom would knock on her door and they would exchange dialogue with the whole "we're going out tonight, no going out" thing. As I was editing, the first scene, which was mom and Soul, took up way too much time away from the rest of the film, so, what did i do? i took it out. I made a whole different plot and idea for the movie that at the time, I didn't even know would be possible. The second thing I did was, I made a whole plan and thought about how the opening film would be a background story to what the movie would actually be about. The opening film is a compilation of scenes while jump-cutting to others and at the end, it introduces the title and THERE is when the actual movie starts. You guys will see soon and it will all make sense. 
I will attach a modified version of the storyboard I posted earlier with the adjustments made. 

*crossed out scenes are either removed or replaced or modified according to new plot*





LIGHTING-
    In earlier blogs, I remember saying how I wanted to saturate colors to kind of bring calm before the storm hits, well... plans have changed. I have used both iMovie and Camera settings to bring the brightness down in bright shots and vice-versa, desaturating the colors in every scene and giving each scene a blue-ish or gray tint to make every scene look sad, spooky, and suspenseful but most importantly, to symbolize isolation (a symptom of schizophrenia). Moreover, I had mentioned before how hard working at night was and that I would hope editing would save my life. I will say, it did not but it definitely collaborated a little. Some shots appear to be less HD than others as grain is usually found thanks to low brightness and exposure. Either way, the more I played with editing the better it came out. 



AUDIO-
    UGH, the audio...let's talk about it. As said before, I planned on having dialogue and having all types of birds chirping, maybe some cars passing by, etc. Yeah... no. While editing, I realized the less sound there was on each scene, the more aesthetically pleasing (if you will) it looked. I didn't entirely take out all sounds, however. Soul rolling over on the bed, opening the window, grunting after falling out of the window, doors closing, the car engine, etc. were things I decided to keep while the rest is silent and it definitely gave it that sense of suspense. 
As far as music goes, I did use iMovie's audio to play some spooky background music. I know Mrs. Stoklosa said we should ask for permission first so I did some research to see if iMovie's audios were copyrighted and if I was able to use them and found this: 



So yes, basically I can use iMovie music and sounds free as they are licensed to me only for reproduction, modification, publication, and distribution of non-copyrighted materials, materials in which I own the copyright or materials I am authorized or legally permitted to reproduce, modify, publish or distribute. 

TITLES-
Designing the titles was actually one of my favorite parts of editing my film. 
I used Canva.com and generated my own fonts and titles. I actually paid a subscription to get "professional features" and it helped immensely. I then proceeded to remove the background and place on the scenes I wanted the titles and credits to be displayed. 
Let me show you: 


With all that being said I should maybe stop talking and finish my project because I am so excited for you guys to see it!!! 

AAHHHHHHH, see you guys later!!!!!!!! :D

Alessia. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

AND I'D LIKE TO THANK-

Today is the day I've been looking forward to forever: RESTING DAY.  I've finally finished THE WHOLE PROJECT and it wasn't easy....