Monday, February 22, 2021

All about the details

Hello Everyone!

Last week I was honored to discuss with you how far I have come with this project, my film. I discussed the main character, Soul, and my film's plot. I still have some things yet to discuss and the closer the final day comes, the more anxious I am. Now, let's discuss some of the most important things: lighting, setting, color hues, sounds, etc.

SETTING AND COLORS

 Soul spends most of her time in her dark, isolated, messy room. Her windows are blocked so she won't look outside. Most of her clothes and laundry are spread all over the floor as well as her personal items. As far as lighting goes, everything will be dark and neutral colors with a foggy view, if that makes sense. I want to give the audience that sense of eerie, suspenseful feeling that will also grab their attention and will crave for more content. 

Dark Scenery Wallpapers - Top Free Dark Scenery Backgrounds -  WallpaperAccessFoggy Landscape In Autumn by Mordolff

FILMING TECHNIQUES 

Now that I have my opening scene almost figured out, I want to discuss my filming techniques. I will most likely film with my iPhone as it is the only available recording source for me at the moment. However, I will try my best to find a better alternative and by then I will update you.  My cameramen will consist of two options: my boyfriend Luis or my cousin Gerardo who both agreed on helping me. If anything changes I will consult with someone else or even I can be it.

LIGHTING (ESSENTIAL)

As far as lighting goes, I am able to control the room's lighting and other parts of the house. Outside, however,  I will try my best to choose a day where the weather is gloomy or dark (at night) and go from there just because I don't have a professional studio at home or anything of that sort. Like I said before, I will be updating you with more details as days go by but for now, that's the initial plan. 

Alessia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AND I'D LIKE TO THANK-

Today is the day I've been looking forward to forever: RESTING DAY.  I've finally finished THE WHOLE PROJECT and it wasn't easy....