Monday, February 8, 2021

Music Marketing Project Reflection

     Although this was a fairly easy and meaningful project, the tactics and techniques behind it go way above what I had ever expected. Personally, making a project where communication was key, I thought it couldn't get more complicated as I had to travel for emergency matters and made communicating with my team in the class complicated. However, my team and I decided to push regardless and found other alternatives to brainstorm, discuss and plan by using Snapchat and gathering our phone numbers to create a group chat in which we would suggest our own ideas and put them together to make a perfect marketing strategy for our band. 

    My team made sure to divide parts to facilitate the process since 4 minds are better than 1. I made sure I researched my case study which was The Chainsmokers from Columbia Records. Researching was very easy for me and thankfully there is plenty of information on the web for me to find. We all shared a document and took care of our parts. Some did Warner Records while some of us did Columbia. By the end of the day, we were finally done and ready to turn it in. A few days later, we had to start doing the storyboard for our music video. I remember brainstorming ideas while my group members added to them until we came up with what the music video was going to be based on. "There has to be someone driving down a street with a beautiful sunset and the song playing in the back" "Yes, I'll make sure I'll edit the sunset since it's been raining every day." My group and I decided it'd be best if we all drew 5 slides of our storyboard in which we included a certain scene, and so we did. Personally, I drew two characters who decided it was best to ignore what everyone around them said and live their lives only to themselves. Although there was a bit of miscommunication with some of the group members we ultimately decided to help each other and ended up finishing up just in time. 

The next day, I was, unfortunately, able to make it to class and made communication about the music video with my team complicated. My group and teacher decided it was best if I just continued the project by myself and although I thought it was unfair at first, I was determined to show my skills and knowledge by myself. The planning for my presentation was fairly easy as I had just gathered the previous essential information needed to present my marketing skills for my band and to sell them. I gathered my skills and made a 9 slide presentation which I thought was excellent as it wasn't long and boring but instead, short, summarized, and engaging. Although I did not have the ability to create a music video as much as I wanted to, I think being the seller and representative was somehow better as my job was to persuade the public into listening to my band with all the knowledge I had gathered. 

Finally, the biggest and most important lesson was to see the rest of the presentations that allowed me to gain even more knowledge and evaluate some parts of the project that maybe I hadn't recognized at all. I remember one group project who did exceptionally and the more I read I remember thinking "I should've done that!". All groups did an excellent job and definitely taught me more than I would've ever thought. In the future, I hope we do some kind of exercise similar to this project to help us better understand the lesson while also having fun pretending to be young agents. This project has not only helped me but I'm sure it's helped a lot of people and even though it may be annoying to do research, it is all worth it in the end.

Alessia


No comments:

Post a Comment

AND I'D LIKE TO THANK-

Today is the day I've been looking forward to forever: RESTING DAY.  I've finally finished THE WHOLE PROJECT and it wasn't easy....